This coming week will have my backlog… ;)

Okay so I have a backlog of clothing that I have made and not blogged. This will be remedied!!! Yesterday I had a mini photo shoot to get pics of some of my makes. I realised after all was packed away that I didn’t photograph my Sewaholic Renfrews!!! So those will likely just be photographed flat now. Most of you will have seen them before so mine won’t be anything much new. πŸ˜‰

Anyway, onto today’s item: Colette Pattens Sorbetto with Sleeves! I believe this is my third rendition of this pattern, but the first with sleeves. πŸ™‚

IMG_0458When I first made this top (back in summer) it was my go-to top for going out! It was just so easy to wear and teamed well with jeans or skirts.

IMG_0468

I made this version from a cotton lawn I got from Spotlight. I used the size 16 pattern and did a 1 inch full bust adjustment. It’s a little small on me at the moment as I’ve put on a bit of weight but I’m working on that so it will fit perfectly (or be a little big!) soon. πŸ™‚ I made self fabric bias binding for the neckline and drafted my own band sleeves using Gertie’s tutorial found here. I constructed this Sorbetto the same as with my others using French seams on the shoulders and sides. However, I didn’t use French seams on the sleeves as the tutorials I looked at confused the heck out of me so I didn’t bother. I just sewed them in as normal and pinked the seam allowance.

IMG_0477

My only issue with the making this top was thatΒ I didn’t measure for the band sleeves properly so they were a little short. I just covered the remaining raw edge with a little of my bias binding to cover all the raw edges. This doesn’t look so awesome but it worked well. I’ll be more careful next time I draft my sleeves.

There was a slightly devastating turn of events with this top too unfortunately. As I was pinking the seam allowance on the sleeves, I accidentally nicked the actual sleeve with the tip of the shears!!! 😦 Cue much swearing, crying (I’d been sewing all day and was tired and up til that point this top was perfect!). I did a bit of a fix by putting some fusible interfacing into the hole and ironing it over so it stuck the hole down. I don’t think this fix will last forever and I’ll likely need to redo the sleeve or darn the hole at some stage but it works for now. 😦

Overall, I’m very happy with this top. I know when the weather warms up again it will go back into regular rotation. And I can’t wait! πŸ™‚

Stay tuned for more posts shortly getting through my backlog. πŸ™‚

Β 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s